Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday Made It! #2



It is Monday so that means Monday Made It! I was on vacation last week so this is week 2 for me, but week 3 for everyone else. So, I had almost two weeks and was able to get three, yes three, projects done. They were easy and took about 45 minutes total :)

Project #1 - Teacher Binder
 
Looking through all the great ideas on Tara's 4th Grade Frolics blog inspires me to get back in touch with the first year teacher that is still in me. This week I made a teacher binder to hold all my important information. I borrowed the idea from Beyond the Grade..... I like to be organized but as the year goes on I end up with things in different places. Now it will all be in one place. This is such a great and simple idea, not sure why it took me 6 years to do it. 

I used scrap-booking paper I had for the cover. It is a bit blurry, but says Mrs. Bryan's Teaching Binder.

This tab is for lesson plans.

This tab is for Meeting Notes.

         This tab is for Student Data - 4th Grade. Because I have two classes of students, I made separate tabs for each set of data.

This tab is for Student Data - 5th Grade

This tab is for Calendars/Schedules


This is a misc. tab, for all the things that we get at the last minute :)




Project #2 - Clothesline Art Work Display

I have decided that each week I am going to do something with or for my silly, busy toddler. This week I was able to get two things done.  

I found this idea on Pinterest awhile ago and just got around to putting it up. This took about 10 minutes to put up. I used pink and green ribbon for the lines to match the other colors in the room. Originally, I used clothespins but they were to heavy so I switched to paper clips. Now I have a perfect place to show off all my little girls great art. 


 Before


 After






Project #3 - Toddler Fun Box

My second project was this fun magician's wipe box. This was another Pinterest idea. It was easy and my little girl loved it.
  
 First, I cut old fabric that I had into strips. I was not neat about this, it will be pulled and played with :)


 Next, I tied the strips together.


 Picture of all the pieces put together.


Finally, I put the pieces into the box with one end hanging out.
 

14 comments:

  1. Wow! You have been busy!!! Love all your projects:) I really love the Teacher binder! I did one too this week! My one last year was a hot mess!!!!!! Thanks for linking up:))))

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get my teacher binder done. I've seen a lot of posts about that. The toddler fun box sounds great... I might need to steal the idea and make one for my little man :)

    Katie
    Dirty Hands and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie, my little girl loves pulling the fabric out and putting it back in. It was easy and cheap.

      Delete
  3. I need to make that toddler fun box!

    Lorena
    Little Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  4. My 2 year old would love that display...looking for supplies now!

    Haley
    Following Optimism in 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of your projects and your blog!

    I am happy to be your newest follower!

    I think my kitty and bunny would like the toddler fun box! Lol! =)

    I would love for you to come and visit me when you get the chance.


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! I can't wait to see your blog! I am new to the teacher blogging world and love to see all the great ideas out there :)

      Sarah

      Delete
  6. I love your teacher binder, it encouraged me to improve my own. The ribbon and art display is wonderful, I'm sure this will be a beautiful memory for your child. Thanks for sharing.

    Jill
    Bubbalulu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute toddler box. Welcome to blogging. You will LOVE it :)

    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute blog! I'm your 8th follower! (: I miss the days when my kids were toddlers. Sometimes. (: Come visit me sometime.
    Ann
    The Caffeinated Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm your newest follower. I have given you some awards, stop by my blog to pick them up.

    Shannon

    Sweetnsassyin2nd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure why but this just came through on my page. Thanks and I will stop by :)

      Delete