Monday, July 30, 2012

My Last Monday Made It!



My summer is over, I go back to work next Monday :( I am sad to end this relaxing, fun summer with my daughter but looking forward to a new group of kids. Make sure to pop over to 4th Grade Frolic and see the wonderful ideas posted for Monday Made It!

#1 Recipe Book

I created a recipe binder years ago but it was dirty and  unorganized from years of use. I created a new one with the following sections: breakfast, bread and muffins; starters, dips, soups, salads and beverages; sides, pasta and sandwiches; beef and pork; poultry; vegetarian and other; cakes and cupcakes; cookies; other desserts. I use page protectors for the recipes to keep them clean and only put recipes I have tried and like in the book. Any recipes that I want to try go in the front pocket. I made tabs because other tabs were hidden by the page protector.




#2 Pennant Banner

I made a pennant banner for my niece's 1st birthday party. The theme is pink and white pot-a-dots. 




#3 Teacher Toolbox

It only took me all summer but I finally bought and made my teacher toolbox. Better late than never :)



#4 Best Thing I Learned.....

I saw this idea on Pinterest, for my 4th grade class on Friday they will write the best thing they learned that week and put it on the board. I am planning to give students a page protector for their classroom binder, they can place their old sticky note in it when they post a new one. At the end of the year students can look at all they things they learned. I used a full poster board and added fun Duck Tape to dress it up :)

It is a bit blurry :(


#5 Morning Work/Writing Pictures

From National Geographic

I like using pictures and books when teaching and practicing writing with my 4th graders. In a previous post I used pictures from National Geographic to teach Ba-Da-Bing and Ba-Da-Boom sentences. I love the National Geographic photo website, they have great pictures for writing. It is great to have pictures I pull up on my Mimio but I wanted pictures for the students to hold in their hands. My wonderful family has been saving magazines for me and I went through and pulled interesting pictures and create categories for them. I plan to use them as morning work. There will be a picture each group of desk and a prompt on the board. Ex. In 3 or more sentences tell me what the person is thinking?, Describe what you see in 5 or more sentences., If you were standing in this place what do you think it sounds like?, What do you think this taste/smells like?, etc

From National Geographic

For those of you still on summer break enjoy!


5 comments:

  1. I hadn't seen that photo site before. What a great resource.
    ~Heather
    The Meek Moose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Best Thing Learned idea, especially having the kids save their old ones.
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the best thing I learned this week idea! I pinned it so that I can make it work for 7th grade! I think that would be a great Friday exit ticket! :)

    I'm your newest follower! Come check out my blog if you get a moment! I posted my very 1st Monday Made It today!

    --Andi
    Mommy, Teacher, & So Much More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to Monday Made It! I am glad that you are able to use one of my creations :) I am headed to your site now. Thanks for joining me!

      Delete
  4. I love the national geographic pictures!

    Great job--good luck with school starting!

    ReplyDelete