Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Wednesday Buddies!

I can't believe it has been so long since my last post. The school days fly by and before I know it is the weekend. Today, my fifth graders went to see their kindergarten buddies. The kids love meeting with the buddies, it is sweet to watch the classes interact. The past few weeks we have been practicing the pledge of allegiance and write about our buddies. I am not sure who looks forward to our time more the kindergarteners or fifth graders. 

Buddy Stories and Kindergarten People

Our buddies created a mini person that looks like them. As they worked my students asked their buddies questions to help them write a story about them. The stories were great and the kindergartners loved them.




American Flags and Pledge of Allegiance

The kindergarten teacher created a fill in the blank Pledge of Allegiance. My fifth graders worked with their buddies to fill in the blanks. After finishing the fill in the blank the students created an American flag. 




No comments:

Post a Comment